- 1 pound ground bison
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup breadcrumbs or oatmeal
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil of your choice
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili pepper sauce (I do without for my son but it’s good with it if your kids like a little kick)
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- About 2 cups water
Mix the bison, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl until evenly combined; divide the mixture into 24 portions and roll into balls
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the meatballs until nicely browned on all sides, 7 to 10 minutes.
Add the chili sauce, orange marmalade, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and water to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour.